Donate your boat to us!
In the United States, charitable giving to qualified non-profit organizations has long been encouraged by the federal government. The IRS encourages financial support of these organizations. Caribbean Island Ministries, Inc. qualifies as such an entity under IRS Code 501 (c)(3).
Donations to our ministry make it possible for us to:
- Provide housing for those helping us on projects.
- Reach islands and areas that are inaccessible by commercial airlines.
- Help us with our mission!
How you will benefit when you donate:
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that your tax-deductible donation benefits boaters, live-aboards, pastors, churches, schools and the people of the Caribbean Islands.
- Eliminate the time, energy, expense and stress involved in trying to sell your boat.
- End all expenses now for dockage, insurance, maintenance, storage, repairs, financial investment and interest.
Why should I donate my vessel to Caribbean Island Ministries?
Because we are one of the few non-profits that can legitimately use your vessel, not just sell it. The term “significant intervening use” is an important consideration in choosing the right non-profit for your donation. In that regard, according to the IRS: “Section 7.01 (1) of Notice 2005-44, 2005-1 C.B. 1287, states that to constitute a significant intervening use, a donee organization must actually use the qualified vehicle to substantially further the organization’s regularly conducted activities, and the use must be significant. Incidental use by an organization is not a significant intervening use. Whether a use is significant intervening use depends on its nature, extent, frequency, and duration.”